Method / 做法
1. Beat Ingredients C until fluffy, leave aside.
2. Whisk Ingredients A until thick and fluffy. Leave aside.
3. Combine sifted flour and mixed spice in a bowl. Add them to the egg mixture and continue beating until well combined.
4. Using low speed, add butter mixture in 3 batches and beat well after each addition.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease and line an 8-inch square cake tin, and heat the tin for 2 minutes.
6. Set the oven to grill mode, spread 3 tablespoons of batter evenly into the bottom of the tin.
7. Using the back of spoon to level the surface. Grill until the batter is cooked and browned.
8. Continue to spread 3 tablespoons of batter evenly into the tin. Repeat the steps until the batter is used up.
9. Set the oven to 180°C (upper and lower heat) and bake the cake for another 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
1. Always keep the surface of cake away from the grill for about 7-8 inches. Adjust the oven rack when necessary.
2. You can always cover the top of the cake with aluminum foil if it is starting to look a little bit too brown (for the last 10 minutes of baking).