1. Sieve plain flour in a mixing bowl, add in salt and slowly stir in hot water, stir with chopsticks.
2. Stir in cold water slowly and knead into a smooth dough. Rub dough with oil, put in a plastic bag and rest for 1 hour.
3. Divide dough into 4 portions, roll it flat into a long and thin slice, sprinkle with shallot oil.
4. Sprinkle chopped spring onion, fried shallot, a pinch of salt and pepper over, gently press the spring onion and shallot into pastry.
5. Roll the pastry up to form up a long strip. Gently pull it longer then turn it round into a spiral shape. Repeat with the rest.
6. Place the shallot pancakes on a greased tray, cover with cloth and rest for 1 hour.
7. Heat up olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Gently flatten shallot pancakes and place in the heated pan. Pan-fry each at a time until golden brown on both sides. Remove and serve.