1. Combine cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Sift in cocoa powder and mix well.
2. Combine caster sugar and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl.
3. Add in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla essence and strawberry red colour paste. Mix well.
4. Add in hot coffee and white distilled vinegar, and mix well.
5. Add in cocoa mixture (from Method 1) and mix well.
6. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
7. Grease and line three 8-inch round cake tins. Divide the batter equally into cake tins.
8. Place the cake tins in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Turn out the cakes onto a wire rack. Leave to cool completely.
10. Cream Cheese Frosting: Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add in whipping cream and icing sugar, beat until smooth.
1. Place one cake layer onto a cake board. Spread with some Cream Cheese Frosting.
2. Cover with another cake layer. Repeat layering with the Cream Cheese Frosting.
3. Cover with the last cake layer. Spread the top layer with the remaining Cream Cheese Frosting.
4. Decorate with dried desiccated coconut.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.