PREPARATION / 准备工作
1. Soak chestnuts in water for 6 hours.
2. Cut onion into dices. Soak Chinese mushrooms and cut into small pieces.
3. Peel carrot and cut into dices.
4. Rinse all Ingredients and cut them into dices.
5. Rinse the whole chicken and clean the cavity.
1. Put all ingredients into the chicken’s cavity.
2. Pour light soy sauce into the chicken’s cavity.
3. Seal the chicken with toothpicks or sew it.
4. Put the chicken in a steamer or double boiler, bring to a boil over high heat. Turn to low heat and braise/steam for about an hour until the chicken and all ingredients are cooked and tender.
5.Cut to open the chicken chest before serving.