2012-07-30 28 views
Poon Choi is a Hakka originated cuisine from Hong Kong normally served in basins. Since it was Chinese New Year, I went to this restaurant to try out the Poon Choi there which is for 6pax. As the usual Poon Choi portions were huge, we find this portion will be better for us to minimise food wastage.The set here is named ‘Prosperity Abalone Treasure Pot’ priced at RM338 with 16 ingredients like abalone, sea cucumber, scallop, oyster, mushrooms, prawns, fish maw, roast chicken, roast pork belly,

The set here is named ‘Prosperity Abalone Treasure Pot’ priced at RM338 with 16 ingredients like abalone, sea cucumber, scallop, oyster, mushrooms, prawns, fish maw, roast chicken, roast pork belly, yam, black moss, cabbage, bean curd skin and radish. The food is served layered in a claypot over a stove to keep the food warm. There was also a thick broth covering the food.

The quality of the ingredients were alright and fresh but I find that the version of Poon Choi served here is not as flavourful as some of those I have tried before. The ingredients were a bit bland and if not for the broth, I would find they needed more flavour. The preparation of each ingredient in Poon Choi is very important, each is cooked beforehand and layered to ensure the top layers flavours blends with those at the middle or bottom. I just find on the whole, the dish is just normal. I didn't taste anything that was outstanding.
Taste