2015-10-21 504 views
Japanese food is something the mom & myself enjoy having from time to time. Since I had recently gotten my salary, I decided to treat her to a nice meal and it was no surprise that she suggested going to Sushi Zanmai. It had over time become one of her top 5 place to go to for good and afforable sushi. It was a little over dinner time when we arrived so the place was not super packed which was something we preferred. Like always we requested for the booth seats so we can pick any sushi off the c

It was a little over dinner time when we arrived so the place was not super packed which was something we preferred. Like always we requested for the booth seats so we can pick any sushi off the conveyor belt if we saw anything that caught our attention.
Salt Grilled Saba
The first and must order for my mother is the Salt Grilled Mackerel. We both love this a lot because of how the nicely grilled fish had a crispy skin that's slightly salted and tangy from the lemon juice. Plus Zanmai's fish is always fresh without the overly fishy note which can be had at other places.
Ebikko
Another order which we never fail to get is the Ebikko sushi. Since I could finish two pieces by myself easily, we got two order to share as we have other dishes and would rather not be too greedy.

Although they were generous with the toppings, I was not too happy that the seaweed was soggy. To me, that's a sign that the sushi isn't freshly made like the kinds we could get off the conveyor belt, only we had just ordered it which is a little bit disappointing. However that did not stop us from finishing it all, right down to the very last fish roe.
Beef Sukiyaki
Then we ordered the Sukiyaki with Beef. This is something my mother absolutely love because of the soup and all of it's ingredients in it. So we ordered this to share and enjoyed our tender slices of beef cooked in the sweet soup then dipped in egg for extra silkiness. We love this so much that there is usually nothing left by the time we are done with it.
Can't wait to go back for another round of sushi soon!
Taste