My friend and I had chosen to have brunch at Standing Theory by coincidence as the other cafe which we had chosen was closed. She had discovered this place from a rather well-known food blog and thought it would be a good choice. From what we could tell, there were good reviews of this place and since we had time to burn, we thought why not.We arrived rather early in the day - about 11am so the cafe was relatively empty save for one or two tables. The cafe is rather small and had floor to ceilin

We arrived rather early in the day - about 11am so the cafe was relatively empty save for one or two tables. The cafe is rather small and had floor to ceiling windows at the front so it lights up the interior which had dark oak wood coloured decorations. Quite a nice touch to the design.

Also, the staff were quite attentive, leading us to a table almost instantly and gave us the menu to look over. Though they did not let us know that orders are to be placed at the counter until we flagged down one of the staff.

The menu is not very large but there is two, one for breakfast and another for later in the day. They all sounded pretty good but we were there for one thing only, which was the B.B.C Waffles which is a really indulgent sounding brunch meal. Plus for the price of Rm 13; that was quite promising.

There was two of us and we opted to share the waffle because we would be attending a workshop after which provides us food so we did not want to be overly full. It was a good decision because with our average female appetite, the dish was enough to satisfy our hungry bellies.

When our dish arrived about fifteen minutes later, it smelled and looked amazing.The savoury Bacon mixed with the honey soaked waffle tastes better than I imagined. Then the hot and crispy waffle intermingling with the cold corn flakes ice cream makes the entire dish so much more interesting.
B.B.C Waffle
RM13
We also ordered the Iced Mocha priced at Rm12 and personally; I felt was slightly expensive. But I was comparing it to our dish which had two nicely sized waffles, two slices of bacon and two scoops of ice cream which only costs us Rm13. So I was a little baffled that the drink would be almost the same price as my breakfast.

Though I gotta say that the coffee taste was very strong which I appreciated very much. It was milky like a mocha should be and one thing that made me happy was that the coffee was not suuuper sweet like some places usually make it to be. Although it is quite a steep price to pay for a glass of iced Mocha, the taste did make it worth it.

I would definitely go back to Standing Theory for more of their food that is for sure. :3
Other Info. : Apparently the 'cold brew' from Standing Theory is made by steeping the roasted coffee beans in room temperature water for an estimated 12 hours to get all the flavours out. It's contained in odd little test tube looking things which they will pour over ice, then add milk & sugar if the customer prefers some added flavour to their coffee. That sounded interesting but I did not try it. Will perhaps opt for this the next time I return.
Taste