El Cerdo is a spanish word, and it means PORK. So it’s easy to guess that El Cerdo @ Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur specialise in pork dishes, even their tagline “Nose to tail eating” tells you that much; that they don’t waste any parts and they have dishes just for them.Upon entering, we were served with a basket of bread and some spreads. As you have probably guessed, the spread is made from pork, we have no idea which parts, but it tasted wonderfully good. We had one or two servings of
Upon entering, we were served with a basket of bread and some spreads. As you have probably guessed, the spread is made from pork, we have no idea which parts, but it tasted wonderfully good. We had one or two servings of these before the other dishes we ordered came along. It was complimentary.
CAESAR’S SALAD RM28
Previously when we visited The Steakhouse @ Changkat Bukit Bintang, operates by the same company, we thoroughly enjoyed their Caesar’s Salad, in fact I commented that it was one of the best I have had thus far. Not wanting to miss the chance of savouring the deliciously fresh appetizer, we ordered this dish again. Surprisingly, they tasted slightly different, perhaps because of the different toppings used? We weren’t sure, as fresh as this dish went, we were kinda disappointed that it didn’t live up to our expectations, like certain things were missing to prevent us from saying “Damn, it’s GOOD!”.
BACON “BOQUERONES” RM26
We were so excited when this dish came sizzling hot. The fragrant itself was so appetizing that we couldn’t wait to plunge onto them, except that we had to capture the glory first! The first bite was really memorable, that’s because the outer bacon roll that’s been fried to perfection was literally a masterpiece itself, I mean who could resist bacons! (Don’t forget to dip into the tartar sauce too!) The inner part, where all the fats were; was less palatable. I wasn’t used to the texture and found it sleazy. I had to separate them away in the end because I couldn’t stomach it.
GRILLED PORK SHOULDER STEAK RM48
Grilled to perfection on the outside; tender and juicy on the inside; each bite into the pork shoulder feels like an aromatic therapy itself! I especially love to have them together with the mashed potatoes. The taste blend so well you could feel every inch of the meat bursting with all sweet-scented spices used to marinate this. All the long hours taken just to make sure the meat is well seasoned is worth it in the end.
WHISKY BABY BACK RIBS RM78
Soft, juicy, delectable ribs? Tastily sweet and cutely chopped potatoes? And we have yummy grilled pepper salad too? What! It’s marinated with some exquisite whisky? This gourmet, delicately prepared just for your pleasure, we can’t resist it, nope! So forget about saving up your money as this treat will make your penny worthwhile. ;)
PASTA CAVATELLI RM35
To be honest, this tasted like an ordinary bolognese with extra cheese. The pork shoulder ham was really nice though, the meat was tender and easy to the mouth. I wouldn’t say that this dish was awesomely good, but it was still pretty fine, nothing to complain about.
RUM & RAISIN PANCAKE “KAISERSCHMARRN” RM22.50
RUM & RAISIN PANCAKE “KAISERSCHMARRN” RM22.50
Ever since Baskins Robbins removed Rum & Raisin from their menu, it’s pretty hard to find one that’s decent. At El Cerdo however, they make sure that the quality of their food is top notch and as a result, you get this heavenly dessert. The scrumptious ice-cream is irresistible; once in the lips, you couldn’t stop digging in for more and more. This is definitely one of the best Rum & Raisin I have ever come across and on top of that, they are so generous with their portion. You could totally share this plate with 4 people or more without needing to control your intakes much. ;)
Oh, don’t get me started on the fluffy pancakes, they compliment each other so well. I would definitely return just because they serve this dessert.

One of the disturbing thing that I must mention is that I feel like I have entered a pig morgue. I understand that El Cerdo means PIG, and their main dishes are all pork, but seriously, with all the cute, adorable pigs and piglets as decorations, staring down at you while you are munching away your food which could only be made from the sacrifice of some innocent pigs’ lives which probably haven’t lived even up to a month?… I am not sure, but I find it extremely disturbing…\
I have no doubt when it comes to the quality of food served by El Cerdo, after all it’s one of the higher end restaurants around the area. I have enjoyed most of the dishes and felt that even though the prices stated in the menu could blow one’s mind away in the first glance, you wouldn’t feel so much of the money pain after the food comes as they are pretty generous in their portions and not forgetting the quality and taste, so the money you pay for is pretty worth it.
Taste