2016-02-19 272 views
They are plenty of eateries in Publika, from Chinese to Korea, from Fusion to Western. I want to have dinner with my friend and she has chosen Tsubohachi Japanese Restaurant which located at second floor of Publika facing the main road. In fact, I have not heard of this restaurant before and I just follow suit. I did not aware that this restaurant was very famous in Japan until I saw it from the menu which they have achieved over 100 outlets in Japan. Cool…The restaurant was quite upon my arriva

The restaurant was quite upon my arrival, I notice that most of their customers are Japanese. Without any delay, we have ordered from appetizer, main course and dessert.

For appetizer, we have Chicken Skin Skewer, Chicken Karaage and Negima. Chicken Skin Skewers (RM7.80) were very crispy and light salted. Not so healthy appetizer but it is tasty.
Chicken Karaage (RM13.90), also known as Japanese Fried Chicken. Deep fried Batter coating was very crispy and chicken meat was tender and juicy.
Negima part of Yakitori series, skewer sandwiched between boneless chicken chunk and leek. Chicken was good with charcoal grill aroma however the leek was slightly burn therefore I have put aside.
As for main course, we have Buta Hakusai Nabe (RM29.90) and Ramen Sarada (RM16.90). Buta Hakusai Nab, Pork belly and Chinese Cabbage Claypot, forming like rose petal one after another. Soup was clear and sweet.
Ramen Sarada is a cold noodle with generous of fresh vegetable such as lettuce, onion, shredded carrot etc tossed in Japanese sesame dressing. Refreshing cold appetizer cum main course as the portion is big for one person.
Lastly, is dessert time, Matcha De Roru (RM14.90), Green tea crepe roll with vanilla ice cream and Azuki Bean paste. My favourite green tea flavour, sweet and satisfying.
2016-01-17 105 views
After trying the food here during a food review with Open Rice, I was so amazed that I brought my friend's family here today. We initially booked a tatami room but changed to the other room at the end and joined 2 tables together.Ramen Salada (RM 16.90) The Ramen Salada here has very fresh combination of vegetables like shredded cucumber, omelette, carrots, cherry tomato, bacon ham and seaweed. The ramen is perfectly boiled and not soggy at all.Okonomiyaki (RM 17.90) This is the Japanese version

Ramen Salada (RM 16.90)

Okonomiyaki (RM 17.90)

This is the Japanese version of pancake with pork and bonito flakes and fried till crispy. I kind of ordered the wrong one because I wanted to order the Tonpeiyaki that was omelette with cabbage and without rice.
Okonomi Fu Ika Tempura (RM 15.90)

The tempura giant octopus with bonito flakes are simply fabulous. The flour are just nice and enough and not too much. There was overload of mayonaise on top too.Hokkai Kamameshi (RM 36.90)

This rice inside a stone pot requires 20 minutes of cooking. The ingredients are crab legs, scallops, seaweed. It was quite delicious and not cooked till overly burnt.Nagashi Somen Setto (RM 27.90)

This is the highlight of the night. In Japan, they usually have the soba flowing down the bamboo. The soba is to be placed inside the machine to make it icy cold and eaten with the soy sauce and also chopped spring onions, shredded cucumber, baby mandarin oranges, cherry tomatoes and also sliced cucumbers that are made to so thin to be crispy. I think the price is very reasonable as it includes tempura containing 2 ebi, eggplant and another item.
Jumbo Kakiage (RM 9.90)

This is vegetable tempura which are fried till very crispy. I love this as it contains a lot of vegetables such as carrot, lotus root, greens and onions. It is way better than the one made by the Pisang Goreng Stall Hawker.
Dashimaki Tamago (RM 12.90)

I am not a big fan of tamago but this is served warm instead of cold like what the Koreans do. It is cut in smaller slice than the ones I had before. Very simple to please a simple person.
Torikawa Chicken Skin Skewers (RM 7.80)

This is done in a yakitori style resulting in crispy feel of oil.
Pork Belly with Spring Onion (RM 9.80)

The pork belly is quite ok though not as tender as expected but thank god it was not towards the oily side.
Potato Mentaiko Yaki (RM 13.90)

Despite not being a potato fan, surprise, surprise, surprise, this has become one of my favourite grilled potato. Probably because they grill it together with cheese and fish roe which when melted together, is a delight to the soul.
Salmon Teriyaki (RM 17.90)

We are a big fan of salmon so naturally we cannot avoid salmon in a Japanese restaurant. The salmon teriyaki is quite delicious and not too coarse or too dry. The tenderness is maintained. It is also not too salty.
Yuzu Shabetto (RM 9.90)

Whenever I frequent this restaurant, I cannot miss my favourite citrus sherbet. You can be assured there was no colouring used as the ice-cream is white in colour. I like the taste of the pieces of citrus inside which opened up the senses.
Matcha de Roru (RM 14.90)

I tend to like to eat anything in crepe so this is again one of my favourites. It is rice cake containing red bean and green tea ice cream. The folds are done very neatly and it goes nicely into my small mouth.
Our entire bill came up to RM 240.85 only with so many dishes! Definitely saved more money than eating elsewhere and leaving this place more than satisfied with the variety.Details:

Address: A2-UG1-9 Solaris Dutamas, No 1 Jalan Dutamas, 50480, Kuala LumpurA2-UG1-9 Solaris Dutamas, No 1 Jalan Dutamas, 50480, Kuala Lumpur

Tel (Reservations) :+603 6206 5526 , +6017 669 0060 (日本語可)

Opening Hours: MON - SUN : 11.30AM till 3PM, 5.30PM till closing

• Jumbo Kakiage
  • Potato Mentaiko Yaki
  • Yuzu Shabetto
  • matcha de roru
In Japan, working adults hang out in groups in “Izakaya” (居酒屋)after working hours for drink and eat. Izakaya basically is a drinking place with food servings. “I” means “to stay”, while “zakaya” means “sake shop”. Lately, I was introduced to such place and culture for my very first time. It is called Tsubohachi, a famous traditional Izakaya established in Hokkaido since 1973, with more than 300 outlets in whole Japan. Currently, it has only 1 outlet in Malaysia, located in Publika.As mentioned e

As mentioned earlier, this is a “drinking” place with food. They have wide selection of Japanese alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to order.

Have you ever heard of “Drink-All-You-Can”? You can find their “All You Can Drink (Nomihodai)” banquet dinner here, and it comes with food in a few packages.I ate so much stuffs that night I can't even recall all of them. Let me show you some of those I can remember.
Deep Friend Chicken Soft Bones
RM18.9
Imo Mochi
RM8.9
Potato Mentaiko Yaki.
RM7.9
Sesen & Torikawa: Chicken Neck & Skin Skewer
RM7.8
Tarabagani Kamemashi (King Crab Pot Rice)
RM36.9
Yuzu Shabetto (Japanese Citron Sherbet)
RM9.9
So what do I have to say about Tsubohachi? I think we can embrace the culture of Izakaya among our colleagues, friends and family. For that, this is definitely a great place to be, for drinks and food. One of these days, I will surely get my colleagues or friends to visit this eatery again. I’ll see you again, Tsubohachi!
RM50 (Dinner)
Celebration
New Year's Eve
Let me start this blog postwith some History of the restaurant before reviewing about the foods. I knowHistory is a boring subject but don’t worry guys, I will explain it in shortand simple without dragging. Tsubohachi is a Japanese casual bar restaurantfrom Japan. It has been more than 40 years since it is first established inHokkaido. They believed in serving authentic and traditional Japanese Cuisineto the customers. In addition, they also give more important to taste (Yeah!!Their foods are g

Let me start this blog post
with some History of the restaurant before reviewing about the foods. I know
History is a boring subject but don’t worry guys, I will explain it in short
and simple without dragging. Tsubohachi is a Japanese casual bar restaurant
from Japan. It has been more than 40 years since it is first established in
Hokkaido. They believed in serving authentic and traditional Japanese Cuisine
to the customers. In addition, they also give more important to taste (Yeah!!
Their foods are good, pair them with alcohol drink to have a “WOW” effect),
Environment (Their environment is more to Japanese Style with attractive Red
& Black colour theme) and Hospitality (Excellent Hospitality). They serve
Sushi, Sashimi and Appetizers that go perfectly well with alcoholic beverages.
We were welcomed by the friendly staff at the entrance and served with a hot
towel to wipe our hands once seated. Then we were served with their signature
and popular dish for the night.
Asahi Medium @ RM 20.80
Fresh Lemon Sour is served with fresh lemon and soda drink. Squeeze the lemon by yourself before pouring them into your drink. It was refreshing and has a very good lemon flavour.

Fresh Lemon Sour @ RM 17.80

Ramen Sarada is noodle, lettuce, onion, egg, cucumber, bacon, leek, cherry tomato with sesame dressing. It is a perfect appetizer for sharing with your friends before starting with the main course.

Ramen Sarada @ RM 16.90
Eihire Grilled Ray Fin is a great appetizer for the beer.

Eihire Grilled Ray Fin @ RM 12.90
Nankotsu Karaage is deep fried chicken that is tender and juicy.

Nankotsu Karaage @ RM 18.90
Ontama Tsukune Teppanyaki is grilled minced chicken with Hot spring egg. Break the egg, pour the sauce over it, and enjoy.

Ontama Tsukune Teppanyaki @ RM 12.90

Imo Mochi is a Hokkaido Style deep fried mashed potato that is simply delicious. If you haven’t tried before, you guys should give it a try.

Imo Mochi @ RM 8.90
Potato Mentaiko Yaki is a hotplate potato with seasoned cod roe, mayonnaise, and cheese. It tasted as good as they look. Yummy!!

Potato Mentaiko Yaki @ RM 13.90
Seseri is a chicken neck skewer, soft and delicious.

Seseri @ RM 7.80
Torikawa is a deep-fried strips of chicken that is a perfect small dish for the beer. It is crispy and a bit salty. You guys know right Chicken skin is the best part of the fried chicken.

Torikawa @ RM 7.80
Ask anyone what is their favourite part of chicken and the answer will be always “The chicken thigh”. It is tender and juicy.

Negima @ RM 7.80
Hokke Hiraki is grilled Atka mackerel is super good. Flavour of the sea right in the plate and I loved it.

Hokke Hiraki @ RM 52.90
Karei Karaage is simple, tasty and crunchy Pomfret. Even the bone is eatable.

Karei Karaage @ RM 42.50
Sake No Chanchan Yaki is grilled salmon and vegetable with original sauce (Hokkaido Speciality). When it’s rainy its good to have this.

Sake No Chanchan Yaki @ RM 21.50
Ishikari Nabe is salmon and vegetables in Miso based soup. It’s flavoursome, healthy and satisfying.

Ishikari Nabe @ RM 19.90
Nagashi Somen Setto is unique, fun and tempting food to try. Add noodles, cucumber and cherry tomato in the water then grab them using chopstick and eat together with their sauce with some shredded cucumber. Yummy!! Best soba noodle I ever tried. This dish is used to teach Children in Japan how to use chopstick. Interesting!!

Nagashi Somen Setto @ RM 27.90
Tonpeiyaki is an omelette with a delicious combination of sliced pork and cabbage.

Tonpeiyaki @ RM 12.90
They only start cooking Tarabagani Kamameshi once the customer placed their order and they will cook them in front of you at the table. It takes 20-30 minutes to prepare the dish but the aroma from the food will make you lose your patient and it is simply delicious.

Tarabagani Kamameshi @ RM 36.90

Buta Hakusai Nabe is pork belly and Chinese cabbage in Mille Feuille Claypot. It is sweet and had an enjoyable crunchy texture.

Buta Hakusai Nabe @ RM 29.90
Lemon Ice cream is super lemony and super delicious. It is sweet and light. If you ever had before them before, give it a chance.
Matcha De Roru is a green tea crepe rolled with rice cake and red beans. It simply melts in the mouth and has the kind of flavour that will make you lick the lips in remembrance of the first bite. Yummy!!

Matcha De Roru @ RM 14.90
Matcha Mochi Mochi is green tea ice cream with rice cake and red beans. The ice cream is sweet, creamy and perfect to end a meal.

Matcha Mochi Mochi @ RM 12.90
Something bubbly always pairs well with Japanese foods.

Yuzushu Glass (On The Rock) @ RM 19.80
Yaki Gyoza is homemade Japanese Style dumpling. It is chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside.

Yaki Gyoza @ RM 12.90
It was a good dinner for me with Openrice members and bloggers. Thanks for the invitation Openrice. Good foods and excellent service especially a young woman. Sorry I forgot her name but she is super good and very friendly. Waze directly to the restaurant, once your waze tells you that you have reached your destination please look at your right side, the restaurant will be located on the right side, above Restaurant Bestari.

A2-UG 1-9, Solaris Dutamas,

No 1, Jalan Dutamas

50480 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03- 6206 5526/ 017- 669 0060

Hours: Monday- Sunday (11.30am till 3pm/ 5.30pm till Closing)

Taste
Japanese food always my favorite . Recently I found a nice Japanese food in Publika that satisfied my appetite. Tsubohachi is well known more than 40 years since it first established at Hokkaido. Now Tsubohachi is the famous traditional Izakaya chain restaurant in Japan. At Tsubohachi , customers can experience authentic and traditional Japanese cuisine including Izakaya culture where customers gather for drinks and food as a form of relaxation after a long day of work .1) Nagashi Somen Setto (R

1) Nagashi Somen Setto (RM 27.90)

Nagashi Somen Setto is new to me as you will put in Somen noodle into the cool water. Once the noodle is cool, scoop into the bowl and dip it with the sauce. Eat immediately while the noodle is cool and you can add in some tempura. Chilling sensation and it taste good. "Wow".
2) Eihire (RM 12.90)

Eihire is grilled Ray Fin. Love this and the ray fin is so chewy when you bite on it.
3) Imo Mochi ( RM 8.90)

Imo Mochi is Hokkaido style deep fried mashed potato. The texture is soft and eat it when is hot.
4) Buta Hakusai Nabe (RM 29.90)

Buta Hakusai Nabe is pork belly & Chinese cabbage mille-feuille in claypot. A clear soup taste sweet due to the fresh cabbage and the pork belly been prepared is small slice. A healthy Buta Hakusai Nabe and it worth for money as it serve in big claypot.
5) Butakushi (RM9.80)

If you love Yakitori, you can order Butakushi. Butakushi is pork belly skewers with leek. The specialty about Butakushi is you get to choose the flavor whether with salt or sauce.
6) Torikawa (RM 7.80) & Bonjiri (RM 7.8)

Torikawa is Chicken Skin skewers while Bonjiri is Chicken tail skewers.
7) Ramen Sarada (RM 16.90)

This also one of my favorite food. Not only the combination is healthy but the ingredient is so fresh. Ramen Sarada is a combination of noodle, lettuce, onion, egg, cucumber, bacon, leek , cherry tomato, carrot with sesame dressing. It remind me of Chinese " Lou Sang" whereby it has colourful combination in the dish.
8) Wokadori Zangi (RM 13.90)

Wokadori Zangi is Hokkaido style deep fried chicken thigh. Crispy and crunchy chicken thigh really make me licking my finger after taste this.
9) Okonomiyaki (RM 17.90)

Okonomiyaki is Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients. Okonomi mean " what you like" or " what you want" while Yaki mean "grilled" or "cooked".
10) Dessert time ( Matcha de Roru (RM 14. 90), Shiratama Matcha Kurimu Zenzai (RM 12.90) , Kakurenbo Aisu (RM 14.90) & Yuzu Shabetto ( RM 9.90)
Yuzu Shabetto
Matcha de Roru
Shiratama Matcha Kurimu Zenzai
Kakurenbo Aisu

The night is still young and why don't order some Sake or Asahi Sub Zero to clear your thirst.
Adress: Tsubohachi

2015-12-18
  • Eihire
  • Imo Mochi
2015-12-28 24 views
I just have to admit that this is the first ever food reviewsession where we were made to feel like kings. We had an awesome time eatinglike no tomorrow. Let our diet plan fail, who cares! The bistro like environment is just marvelous with thewooden circles in the middle that make it very cosy yet retains the barenvironment. The F & B here has only 1 word of description – MUY DELICIOUSO!The alcoholic drinks are so tasty and there is a very widespread of specialty Japanese drinks in the whole men
I just have to admit that this is the first ever food review

session where we were made to feel like kings. We had an awesome time eating

like no tomorrow. Let our diet plan fail, who cares!

The bistro like environment is just marvelous with the

wooden circles in the middle that make it very cosy yet retains the bar

environment. The F & B here has only 1 word of description – MUY DELICIOUSO!

The alcoholic drinks are so tasty and there is a very wide

spread of specialty Japanese drinks in the whole menu. Our no. 1 favourite were

the Yuzushu (Yuzu Wine) and Umeshu (Plum Wine) which have fragrance minus the

strong alcohol and bitter taste. Yuzushu (RM 19.80) and Umeshu (RM 17.80) on

the rock were just incredible with the unique taste inside. My friends even

ordered 5-6 glasses of Yuzushu!
The Cuba Libre

Cocktail (RM 17.80) has a strong rum taste that is well balanced with coke.
The Apple Frazzel

Mocktail (RM 8.90) has just a little apple flavor with soda.

Pickled Plum Sour (RM 17.80) has just a little plum taste so I feel

that this place is not well known for non-alcoholic drinks.

All cocktails cost only RM 17.80. Pink Shawa-Shawa (RM 17.80) is quite diluted by the time I drank it so I could not be a good judge but quite good in diluting my other alcohol.
Kinshiro Glass Rice

Shoshu (RM 20.80) has a very strong rice wine taste, something that I

cannot take. I guess rice wine is not my thing.
Ginger Highball [RM

20] that is whisky with ginger ale was a little too diluted for me. I prefer

drinks with a strong taste but I guess it would be good for beginners.

This is the first time I actually tried Sake. Can you

believe it? I sipped the Sake like a brave girl, for the sake of being a food

reviewer or at least I can proudly say I have tried this.
The blue bottled Shochikubai

Mio Sparkling Soda – 300 ml [RM 61] is like alcoholic soda with the

best taste I have ever had. I can safely say that I would accept this as a gift

if you were to offer it to me (ha ha). It is so refreshing and cooling for the

throat and soul.
First up on the menu is for the yakitori lovers. It is the Chicken Thigh Skewers with Leek (Negima)

[RM 7.80]. It is so tender and juicy. The best part is that it was not

overly salty like the ones at the hypermarket or any other Japanese street café.

It also does not have too much teriyaki sauce or soy sauce.
The Torikawa Chicken

Skin Skewers [RM 7.80] is a tad too oily for me as I am not a big fan of

meat skin but the others seem to take a liking to this.
The Eihire Grilled

Ray Fin [RM 12.90] has a certain form of moisture enveloped in it. The good

thing is that it is not rubbery like the normal dried cuttlefish. The best part

for me, is that it was not salty or oily. It tastes good with mayonnaise and a sprinkle

of fish roe.
The Nankotsu Karaage

(Deep-fried Chicken Soft Bone) [RM 18.90] is something very different. Well,

the Japanese are always very resourceful and creative. Fancy making a dish of

out soft chicken bones? I have been to one Chicken-based Japanese restaurant in

Hartamas which makes use of every part of the organs of the humble chicken

including ovaries to make a dish and sell it to you for about RM 20. The

deep-fried chicken bone is quite special, and can be ordered by those who like

to go down a different lane.
The Ishikari Nabe [RM

19.90] is salmon and vegetables in miso-based soup. It looks normal but the

soup is sweet, the natural sweetness coming from salmon, tofu, cabbage and

vegetables. The radish plays a core role in making this soup a cooling feature

for the body. The best part about Japanese soup is their ability to retain the

taste without oil and overload of salt like how the Chinese cook the dish. It

is no wonder that the Japanese society has the oldest population.
Ramen Sarada [RM

16.90] is another dish welcomed by the stomachs of the health conscious. It

contains ramen noodles, lettuce, onions, non-oily omelette, and shredded

cucumber, bacon, leek, carrot, cherry tomato with sesame dressing. The salad is

raw and fresh as though it was just picked from the garden the way Jamie Oliver

does his. It is also refreshing that they included sliced bacon inside. What I like

is the non-existence of guilt because there was not a tinge of oil felt inside

the bacon, hence making the experience of eating bacon here something enjoyable

compared to eating the western bacon.
The Imo Mochi [RM

8.90] is touted to be one of the popular snacks here. It is Hokkaido Style

Deep fried mashed potatoes which was made to taste like fish cakes. It is sweet

as it is coated with goeey honey.
Potato Mentaiko Yaki

[RM 13.90] :Is a sizzling Hotplate of potatoes with seasoned egg

roe and cheese. This is definitely a must-try. The potatoes are seasoned in

such a way that you cannot feel the carbs or the overly hard part of potatoes.

Seriously I never like potatoes but this one is simply amazing. The fish roe

and cheese blended so wonderfully, atop starch like potatoes.
Ontama Tsukune

Teppanyaki [12.90] : grilled minced chicken (soft bones) with hotspring egg

is what I would have preferred compared to the ubiquitous burger. Coming from a

non-burger fan like yours truly, surely this incredible taste review means

something to you. The best part is that there is not much oil oozing out unlike

the common burger. The soft half-boiled egg that acted like a bull’s eye is a

perfect dollop of icing on top of the patty. If you ever wonder what makes this

dish delicious, care to relate it to the “chicken and egg story?”
Wakadori Zangi [RM

13.90] is Hokkaido Style deep-fried chicken thigh. To me, it is just

normal, like karaage chicken.
The Burikama Yaki [RM

42.50] is a grilled yellowtail collar fish. It reminds me of the deep fried

ikan Gurame Terbang in Bali. The fish is so delicious and crispy, but in the

Japanese version. It was so crispy that one could bite through the bones.
Hokke Hiraki [RM

52.90] is grilled Atka Mackerel that is actually Hokkaido styled salted

fish. It bears reminder of those salted fish hanging in the market of Sarawak.

It is most suitable to eat this together with the -1 Degrees Asahi Beer [RM

20.80 for Medium glass], through the true blue Japanese way, “KAMPEI!”
Tonpeiyaki [RM 12.90]

was the best version of Okonomoyaki I have ever known simply because it is

served without rice inside which makes it less fattening with less carbs. It is

actually omelette with sliced pork and cabbage. Of course you can have your

traditional Okonomoyaki (RM 17.90) of traditional Japanese pancake with sliced

pork and bonito flakes.
The Stir-fried vegetables with 4 thick slices of salmon was

just amazing. I think that kind of forgotten that the original dish in the menu

is sliced pork with stir-fried vegetables [RM 12.90] and ended up putting in

salmon or they just thought of creating a new dish with salmon.
The star dish of Hokkai

Kamameshi [RM 36.90] is a great mystery when served and laid on the table.

We all stared at it and then relented to let the waiting begin! It is a big

steel and wood pot that takes 20 minutes to cook raw Japanese rice. The natural

juices of seafood such as king crab, scallop and salmon was absorbed into the

rice, creating a fragrance like no other whereby the rice was not even

overburnt like how we Chinese have our Claypot chicken rice. The shimeji

mushrooms were a delight to be eaten and it was juicy and not overcooked. I

guess when it comes to cooking, we are safe in the Japanese hands.
The most famous dish finally turned up. It is the highly

anticipated Nagashi Somen Setto [RM 27.90]. It is THE FLOWING Somen Noodle Set.

It comes served in a special equipment, that has a “Play” and “Pause” button to

make water inside the machine swirl like a waterfall. We can choose to have Cha

Soba or the Green Mee Sua. It looks best in the camera and in water if we use

the cha soba.
Step 1: Add ice to make the water icy cold and the ice will

then cool down the noodles.

Step 2:Add in thinly sliced zucchini, cherry tomatoes and

also baby mandarin oranges into the cold water. Press "Play" for the water to swirl together with the ingredients.
Step 3: Scoop up the soba noodles and dip it inside the

individual bowls containing a special soy sauce that is not too salty.

Step 4: Add condiments such as spring onions and shredded

cucumber into the small bowl and lastly, dip the entire thing into your mouth,

and voila, you are in soba heaven!
It is said that in Japan, the original way of eating this is

through a bamboo machine whereby one would scoop the slippery soba that flows

down the bamboo. Then, if Japan is out of bounds for you financially, then this

is the next best place.Addition of noodles cost RM 8.90. Addition of tempura cost

RM 12.90 and the tempura is simply amazing. The ebi and eggplant and another

item were just simply incredible. The tempura was well-balanced in coating and

the batter was smooth and not overly oily.
Cha Soba with assorted tempura costs RM 20.90 here.

After this, we were served a dish fit for the kings – Buta Hakusai Nabe [RM 29.90] which is

another signature dish here. The thinly sliced pork belly with Chinese cabbage

in Mille Feuille Claypot was just amazing. This is a great dish to eat in

winter. Every single piece of pork belly is layered with Chinese cabbage. The

natural sweetness from cabbage and pork belly contributed to the sweetness of

the soup.
Finally, it is time for dessert! No matter how full we were,

there is always room for dessert.

Yuzu Shabetto [9.90] – Japanese citrus sherbet, beats all the complicated matcha series or any other creamy dessert they have. Sometimes, people say that simplicity is best. I always find it hard to like simplicity, so I cannot believe it when I contradict my normal self today. The citrus pieces bears a truly strong zest to it, and would never leave citrus and fruits lovers disappointed.
Matcha De Roru [RM

14.90] is green tea crepe rolled rice cake with red bean inside. After all

the creamy crepes I have tried, this definitely rules them all. True Japanese

crepe, that is neatly wrapped with not a mistake.
The Shiratama Matcha

Kurimu Zenzai [RM 12.90] is a delight for us as it comes together with rice

flour dumplings with green tea ice-cream and red beans. For me, the Yuzu

ice-cream still beats the green tea ice-cream. Probably once you have had your

first love, nothing else compares to it.
Kakuren bo Aisu [RM

14.90] looks very special but in actual fact it contains vanilla and green

tea ice-cream with rice cake and red bean. I guess the art of presentation of

food scores highly here to make one feel hungry when the food is served even

though you do not know what is inside.
2015-12-18
RM100
  • ramen sarada
  • Buta Hakusai Nabe
2015-12-28 38 views
最近的我,实在逛太多日本餐厅了,而且个个都是顶尖好味的~本人觉得自己蛮幸福的,因为虽然生在马来西亚,没钱买机票去日本,不过在这里却可以吃到跟日本一样的食物。活在马来西亚真好,这里食物选择多,而且个个都好吃~哈哈哈,有美食,我就滔滔不绝了。没开始介绍前,先给大家说说今天的主题- Izakayaizakaya,在日本称为(居酒屋),也就是一家有提供食物的酒屋。izakaya 的名称其实来自 i(留) 和 sakaya (sake),就是客人留着喝酒的意思。有时又称为 akachochin (红纸灯笼),就是平时这种店前面都会高挂红纸灯笼,那么客人远远就会认出了。再为大家分享一个小知识,通常在izakaya,客人都会打坐在tatami席上,然后在一个矮长桌进食。还有一个传统哦,店员都会给客人一个oshibori (温毛巾)给客人先抹手然后店员就会呈上 tsukidashi (开胃菜)那还没开始前,先跟大家说其实我是为了“流水面”慕名而来。流水面在日本成为 nagashi-somen, 这个非常特别在于面条是放入常常的竹子中,然后让他随水流,非常考一个人的筷子工,当水流相当快时,好功夫的人就可
最近的我,实在逛太多日本餐厅了,而且个个都是顶尖好味的~

没开始介绍前,先给大家说说今天的主题- Izakaya

izakaya,在日本称为(居酒屋),也就是一家有提供食物的酒屋。

还有一个传统哦,店员都会给客人一个oshibori (温毛巾)给客人先抹手然后店员就会呈上 tsukidashi (开胃菜)

那还没开始前,先跟大家说其实我是为了“流水面”慕名而来。流水面在日本成为 nagashi-somen, 这个非常特别在于面条是放入常常的竹子中,然后让他随水流,非常考一个人的筷子工,当水流相当快时,好功夫的人就可以拿得比较多,不好的就要试多几次练练哦~

在tsubohachi这里虽然没有长竹子,不过却引进了比较先进的流水竹子器,而且还有按钮可以调整速度,这个要是跟家人小朋友玩,肯定很过瘾~
Nagashi Somen Setto ( Flowing somen noodle set)- Rm 27.90
其实并没有捉面线这样简单,面线加入tsuyu,还有青瓜后,美味度提升了很多,重点在于面线其实是在冷水里打转,造成面的弹性超好的,吃下去冷冷甜甜,在热天好爽口,本人最喜欢叻~

实话说,这也是他们夏天流行的一道哦!
Ramen Sarada Rm 16.90
Nankotsu karaage ( deep fried chicken soft bone)- Rm 18.90
Eihire (grilled ray fin) -Rm 12.90
Imo mochi (hokkaido style deep fried potato)-Rm 8.90
Ontama Tsukune Teplanyaki ( grilled minced chicken with hotspring egg) -Rm 12.90
吃了前几道开胃菜暖暖胃后,就在猜想主菜会有什么惊喜呐?

seseri ( chicken neck skewers) Rm 7.80
Tonkawa (chicken skin skewers) Rm 7.80
Negima ( Chicken thigh with leek skewers ) Rm 7.80
karei karaage( deep-fried flounder) Rm 42.50
另一道让我大开眼界的就是这个kamameshi. Kamameshi 在日本称为 (釜飯) 也就是日本人把饭煮在一个铁质锅里称为kama. 特别处呢其实这些锅都是一人份,饭和材料都是要吃的时候才煮。基本上是放入肉类,海鲜,蔬菜,米粒,再加入酱油,sake调味。把盖关上后等二十分钟,就煮好啦。
没开始煮前,都可以看到材料满满的铺在米粒上
Hokai Kamameshi - Rm 36.90

煮好后,把饭和材料混合~本人觉得这道让我感觉很有满足感,重点在于看着满满的材料下去煮成后,再自己混合。看到一锅满满的海鲜肉类还有蔬菜,我一餐里有这个就好了,营养也均衡~
Buta Hakusai Nabe ( pork belly and chinese cabbage Mille Feuille Claypot) -Rm 29.90
Tonpeiyaki (omellete with sliced pork amd cabbage) - Rm 12.90
Matcha de roru Rm 14.90
Shiratamatoha kurimu zenzai - rm 12.90
Kakunrenbo aisu Rm14.90
Shochikubai kyoto fushimizu jitate- 1.8L Rm180

在吃完饱饱的一餐后,甜品来了后,也会让位的。这时候绿茶口味的甜点就是美好的角色,扮演着消掉之前重口味的食物味后,又给人一个甜而不腻的感觉,就是那种舒服。

当然不忘记说说izakaya最重要的角色,酒!

那晚我和男友二人都尝尽了四种酒,Asahi, GingerHighball, Yushuzu, Sake.

要喝酒,找 tsubohachi izakaya 肯定没错!

Tsubohachi Izakaya Hokkaido

Facebook- Tsubohachi malaysia

RM30 (Dinner)
Tasting Event
Locating in Publika, i had bump into this place a few times until one day i paid the effort in walking into the restaurant to find out what serves in the menu.What attracted me it was their interior at first, that is why i have got a few nice impression about this place. Everything is wood and very Japanese cultural fit out.Then, is the food. Authentic Izakaya style which goes perfect with boost & drinks.First & only one outlet so far in Malaysia.Let me introduces about Tsubohachi to you.What is

What is Izakaya?

Tsubohachi

Original in Hokkaido Japan and has got more than 300 outlet in just Japan itself for the past 42 years.

It is famous for its tranditional Izakaya style ever since it is being established in year 1973 in Hokkaido, Japan.

Why is it famous?

Because it is part of the culture in Japan. Izakaya is a type of casual Japanese drinking place which serves food to accompany with drinks after long day of working.

So if you are familiar of Publika, it is actually facing opposite of the housing area.

And also very easy to be spotted onto if you are driving on the road.
I was literally caught by the impression of the interior.

It look as if i was walking into an authentic Japan restaurant and the design just simply took my sight away.

They have got Japan iconic decors on the wall and also they display the sake bottle in aligned on the shelving.Also, the menu in Japanese text font.

If you dont understand Japanese text, it's alright.

They have got a friendly menu on every of their serving table, neatly placed in order.Their red menu is their recommended/special menu.

Because Izakaya is a casual drinking place, thus Sake is part of their menu.

Very affordable in pricing too with the quantity per bottle served.Of course if you do not wish to order any sake, they have got other alcoholic, mocktail or cocktail drinks in the menu. Asahi SubZero is a must try.

First in Malaysia, and it chills your throat down to your tummy.

Awesome.They also have got highball drink series, It's a combination of whisky & soda.

This one here is Ginger Highball.

It was a favorite by all.
Lets look into their other menu.

The Grilled | Yakitori
Their meat is very tender,

the chef itself was imported from Japan, and the grilled timing was perfect for tasting."

All their grilled comes in two type of flavour. With Sauce or with Salt.
Even though alot of us would say chicken skin is very oily.

But it's crunchy here in Tsubohachi.

They special select the skin & made some process to filter out the 'fatness'
And in their special menu, they have got a few recommended dishes that the manager would suggest for the first timer to try.
Salad Salad.

The salad is cooked and served in chilled.

Very refreshing in taste and it serves good as an appetizer.
And they have got other appetizer to start off besides than salad
Chicken Softbon was something unexpected nice in bite.

And their karaage chicken is very tender & juicy.

Also, i'm a fan of mentaiko.

The special of this two dishes is that they are both mashed potato but tasted like mochi texture.
Minched chicken with hotspring egg was awesome.

Specially after it was dressed with the teppanyaki sauce and the pot went sizzling hot.
Mackerel is a must in a japanese restaurant.

Because Japanese dont always eat salmon, they tends to mackerel and tuna in alot of cooking method.

Thus grilled atka mackerel is a must in the menu, Izakaya style.
And salmons are cooked in broth and grilled with veg.

But of course if you would like to have raw sashimi salmon, they have it in their menu too.
As part of their special menu,

they have got this cute flowing somen noodle set.
It was introduced to us that in Japan, the kids are trained to hold chopstick through the natural flowing of cold mountain water through the bamboo shoots by picking up their food fast & accurately. But not every place of japan has got mountain water thus they created this play tray where water will keep flowing in circulation and you can throw in anything into it and only pick it up after a few seconds later.So everything has to be FAST. hahaha!
And something hot, non spicy.

Pork Belly with Cabbage served in mille feuille style.
They insert the pork into each sandwich layering in the pot.

And the soup are natural sweet with the pork broth dipped.
And some of us felt that the pork was very organic sweet and they prefered something heavier in taste, thus they dipped their pork into the light soy sauce served on the table.
And they also have got Pot Rice series where the rice is cooked on the spot for at least 15minutes.
And also there is omelette & dumpling as side dish.

Very light in taste thus its the sauce which makes most of the flavoring.
Of course they are desserts in the menu.

Thin green tea crepe skin with red bean paste & vanilla icecream.
And dancing rice cake hidding the shy ice cream beneath with the red bean

A very nice combination.
Yuzu was very refreshing.

The citron tasted like natural sweetness and feels very chilling in mouth.
And i had Yuzu wine after the sorbet.

Suitable for girls who love drinking sweet wine. Recommended.
So the sake was very worthy as it is more than 1litre itself per bottle. And you can order one and share with your friends while dining there the whole night!
So we was happy with the dining experience and i still get awed by their interior on every sigh i look at.Filled with japanese art and atmosphere of culture.So they have got this promotion where you can DRINK ALL YOU CAN withint 1.5hours.

price is per pax but you will get whatever they listed there.And addition, i realize alot of japanese comes in group dining in Tsubohachi.

And their table is all filled with food & also alot of sake/beer & all sorts of drinks.

Mostly respectable, is that they tends to drink very well.

They will go sober but not totally drunk!TSUBOHACHI MALAYSIA

Address: A2-UG1-9 Dutamas, No 1 Jalan Dutamas, Jalan Solaris, Publika, 50480 Hartamas Heights, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Contact:+60 3-6206 5526