Since, Mother’s Day is coming soon . I had google up to find a suitable restaurant that is near to our house. Because my father don’t like to go far><” At last I found Susan’s Bistro as our celebrating place.Susan’s Bistro was formerly named Calabria Cafe & Restaurant. Susan’s Bistro is located along Jalan Temengung 3/9. The lady boss told us they will move their restaurant to somewhere else in Bandar Mahkota Cheras (I forgot to jot them down) and today was the last day they serving her
Since, Mother’s Day is coming soon

Susan’s Bistro was formerly named Calabria Cafe & Restaurant. Susan’s Bistro is located along Jalan Temengung 3/9. The lady boss told us they will move their restaurant to somewhere else in Bandar Mahkota Cheras (I forgot to jot them down) and today was the last day they serving here. Susan’s Bistro served Italian Cuisine such as Pasta.

Their interior was simple and have good ambiance. It is small and can fit 30 people only. You might need to wait for table. I think this is the reason why they switch their restaurant.

For this occasion we have a Golden Garlic Escargot as starter (Forgot to take picture). The escargot is served with creamy sauce and topped with some croutons. The escargot cooked to perfections and their sauce is very creamy and tasty but is a bit salty for me. (Recommended)

We also ordered a Wild Mushroom Soup with a piece of crunchy garlic toasts. You can taste the mushroom in every single spoon. It is flavourful and not to creamy. Just nice!
The garlic toast was crunchy and buttery.
My father love to eat beef but sadly it is out of stock because they are moving out soon. Therefore he ordered a Black Pepper Chicken served with Fries and Vegetables. The dish was okay for me.
As for my mother, she ordered a sweet and spicy chicken served with mashed potatoes and vegetables ( forgot its name). Sorry for the blur image><” I like the sauce and the chicken is grilled nicely.
My sister ordered chicken as well. I had forgot the name of the dish. It is served with vegetables and mashed potatoes as well. The sauce is very nice and it works well with the grilled chicken
. A bit disappointed because the chicken is a bit dry.
Meanwhile, I ordered Seafood Spaghetti. It is wrapped and cooked inside aluminum foil. Inside contained shrimp, squid, mussel and clams. OMG~
It tasted so so delicious~~~ All the seafood essence were absorbed by the spaghetti!
Sorry for the poor image again.(Recommended)
Overall, their western foods were okay but their pastas were delicious! Their portion was big and worth for it price.

Ambiance: 6.5/10
Price: 7/10
Food: 7/10
Verdict: Good ambiance and delicious Italian cuisine.
2012-11-07 861 views
i saw the comments online and decided to visit to the restaurant and the overall performance was satisfied.we totally 3 people dine in there, order two steak and one spaghetti, and one more pizza. The one showed in the picture is really nice, and also the pizzas. It is worth to visit. The dessert tiramisu is a must try. The price for all are quite expensive, but it is a lot more worth than TGIF~
2012-10-13
RM40 (Dinner)
  • pizza
  • tiramisu
  • spaghetti
  • steak
  • chicken chop.
2012-07-31 513 views
My partner is a big fan of desserts and whenever we try out new restaurants, we will always make room for dessert as it is not a complete meal without trying out the desserts offered by the restaurant. During our visit to Susan’s Bistro, we had the tiramisu for dessert. You can opt for alcoholic or non-alcoholic tiramisu. We choose one of each in order to try the difference. The mascarpone was very smooth and the base of the cake was very moist. The base of the cake is soaked with brandy though I wished the taste was stronger.
2012-06-03 331 views
Pasta was not the first thing in my mind when I stepped into this restaurant but after flipping thru the menu and observing what my neighbors were eating I decided to order a plate to see how it fare. The aglio olio with beef pasta was what I ordered that night. The beef bacon was a bit chewy and some had crispy texture while others were still soft which made the dish a little unbalance. Overall, I enjoyed the dish as the flavors of the spices and herbs play around my palate.
2012-06-01 172 views
. Susan's Bistro has two variants of tiramisu, you can opt for alcoholic or non alcoholic. The one I had was the non alcoholic variant and it was a truly satisfying ending for the meal. The mascarpone was very smooth and the base of the cake was very moist. I enjoyed the mascapone the most as it was one the most fluffy and light mousse I have ever eaten.