2016-01-04 388 views
Coming here makes me and mum reminisce about our times here with someone long ago. Mother has some superstition so she insisted that we do not sit near the wall, somewhere I like to sit at usually.The food here is quite pricey but not as pricey as fine dining but of course, too pricey for our budget. So I just ordered the items with lower prices. The cutlery and cockery are very shiny and beautiful all in god and black design that makes it exquisite. The service here is impeccable to the extent

The service here is impeccable to the extent of the burmese waitress keying in the words, "Less Oil" as per my request for my food though it still turned out to be oily for us. At least she took the effort. The waiters kept pouring our Guan Yin tea (RM 14 for 4 pax) for us too. 3 bowls of rice cost RM 6, Peanuts for RM 3 and towels for RM 2.40. These miscellaneous items cost RM 11.40 which is unnecessary spending.

Pork Belly with Lotus Bun (RM 11.80 for 2 pieces, RM 5.60 each)

I always like to order this type of dish ever since I tried a similar one but the vegetarian version at Olive Vegetarian restaurant in Section 17. The pork belly is like a sliver of goodness plus sin for me as I am on a diet. I for one, was a Pork Hater and used to pick ever single morsel of pork in my food to the extent that my friend jokingly called me a non-Chinese, but then again, what's so great about pork? I still never like minced pork and still pick every morsel out of my plate but this pork belly, was so inviting that I made it a once-in-a-while eating item. After all, most of the time I do not eat pork and it's no harm eating a little, especially when it looks so salivating to me, with the pork marination sauce dripping off the meat when I tried to sneak it in between the soft sliced lotus bun. Pork heaven? Perhaps?
Smoke Coffee Pork Ribs (RM 22.90)

OK, fancy me ordering another pork dish? Can I assure you by saying that actually ever since I joined my colleagues for lunch and dinner gatherings which involved da chao, I learnt to eat deep fried pork ribs and developed a unique liking (in my record of eating) to deep fried pork ribs cooked with marmite, butter and etc sauce that makes the result fragrant. Mum did not like this and thought of this as weird but being a coffee lover, I was addicted to coffee taste on my meat. It is like having rose perfume on your most hated item. I guess coffee is a perfect camouflage in this case. The pork ribs turned out to be so fragrant from all the coffee.
Tea-Smoked Duck (RM 14.90)

I have always liked duck cooked in thin slices, smoked the Western way instead of the Chinese Duck Rice method. Though I could not admit having tasted any tea taste, I still liked the duck with lightly drizzled sauce on top. It would have gone well with the paper wraps for Vietnamese food and also salad wrap.
Steamed Fillet Garoupa (RM 35.90)

We rarely order fish at a Chinese restaurant due to the exorbitant price. After consideration, it is much more worth the money to order big whole steamed fish at the local kopitiam as it would cost almost RM 100 to do this here. The fish is not that soft, probably due to the breed. There are black fungus, with lots of soup and also parsley for this dish.
Drumstick Mushrooms and Chick Peas (RM 24.90)

This dish comes served with chick peas that are blanched beforehand and looks so fresh and crispy, The mushrooms are the more expensive type and has high quality. The dish is shiny due to too much oil used. I secretly hoped it is olive oil.
Bean Sprouts with Vercimelli (RM 16.90)

Since we were still hungry, I ordered this dish as I like bean sprouts and glass noodles a lot. I mistaken it for being glass noodles but it turned out to be bihun. Anyway, thank god there were a of ingredients so I did not complain though we were all awe-struck at how small the plate was.
THE BILL:

Food: RM 152.70

10% Service Charge : RM 15.27

6% GST: RM 10.68

Details:

Address: OB3, LG1 & 1.8, Lower Ground One, Oasis Boulevard, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Phone:+60 3-5637 8822

• coffee pork ribs
  • smoked duck
  • garoupa
2014-01-25 150 views
My friend brought me here saying the food is quite tasty so we came with my mum. We were served with steamed peanuts which were soft and sweet. The Rose Vanilla drink was so fragrant due to the small red roses freshly thrown in. There was some white bubbles on top too.We also ordered Wasabi Prawns (RM 29.90) which were so succulent and the burst of sweetness of the crunchy prawns dipped in wasabi and also fish roe was an amazing combination. The Sizzling Pork Tofu (RM18.90) was so soft and silky

The Sizzling Pork Tofu (RM18.90) was so soft and silky that it melted in the mouth fast. The small square tofu was expertly fried so much so much so that the tenderness was maintained. The pork was soft and tender too, cut into small pieces to be spread on top. The sauce was not salty at all, which was very unlike what usually happens for sizzling tofu.

The Fried Vermicelli (Mee Sua), RM 18.90 was skilfully fried so it was did not need a lot of oily to be cooked well, like those done by the hawkers. Though the portion was small and the price was high, and the meal looked very simple like something any hawker could do, the amazing thing is that it was properly cooked without needing a lot of oil and also there was a lot of vegetables and ingredients inside the mee sua so it was well worth it.

The Lily Forget-Me Not (RM7.50 per cut) pot of hot tea was also very fragrant. The smell of lilies that emitted throughout was fantastic to the senses. The tea cups was so cute where there is one cup inside another bigger cup.
2014-01-25
RM107
  • Wasabi Prawn
  • Rose Vaniila
  • Lily Forget-Me Not
2013-10-06 169 views
Sunway Pyramid is some of the malls I am usually get lost as I could not figure which autrium to go. This time, I am going for the Paradise Inn, one of the famous restaurant in Singapore had landed their feet here. Renowned for its concept of integrating the best of a restaurant, teahouse and dessert house all under one roof, Paradise Inn is indeed a great place to visit. The Supreme Fried Rice is my favorite. Golden fried rice which is added with the tiny flying fish roe is simply superb. The g
The Supreme Fried Rice is my favorite. Golden fried rice which is added with the tiny flying fish roe is simply superb. The golden rice is well fried and filled with fragrance of the rice is simply good and lovely. The rice is just perfect and each mouthful of the fried rice is sinfully delicious. It is added with the deep fried chicken wings together in the set where the chicken wings is delicious with the juicy meat and crispy skin.
Price: RM 20.90++
2013-09-30 115 views
I was delighted to be invited along with Agnes to Paradise Inn, which famed for its double-boiled soup.Upon entering, I was surrounded by modern wooden dining chairs, light blue pattern that resembles traditional Chinese window pattern, along with orange lanterns in river stream-like arrangement. Double-boiled Bamboo Fungus with Dried Conpoy Soup 干贝菜胆炖竹笙汤 (RM43.90 per pot)Stewed Pork Belly served with Lotus Bun 招牌扣肉包 (RM4.90 per piece)Paradise Inn certainly know what's best for their patrons wh
Double-boiled Bamboo Fungus with Dried Conpoy Soup 干贝菜胆炖竹笙汤 (RM43.90 per pot)
Stewed Pork Belly served with Lotus Bun 招牌扣肉包 (RM4.90 per piece)
Paradise Inn certainly know what's best for their patrons where pork belly can only be right with the fatty part. Just gobble this tender and fatty layered pork belly that has been simmered for hours, sandwiched in soft Chinese bun along with lettuce and embrace as it moves down to the throat from your tongue. A must-have for pork lover.
Coffee Pork Ribs 咖啡排骨王 (RM20.90 small)
Though we Malaysians might not heard of this interesting combination of coffee and pork ribs, this dish is pretty common in Singapore. Thanks to the Paradise Group, which was originated from Singapore to include this unique dish in Paradise Inn menu. I would say whoever that have come up with this combination is a pure genius. Slices of pork ribs being deep-fried and coated in the coffee-based sweet sauce: maintaining the fragrance of coffee but not the bitterness. Odd, but perfect.
Crisp-fried Crystal Prawns in Wasabi Mayo Sauce 青芥末虾球 (RM29.90 small)
Another dish that would take lots of effort in preparation: removal of intestinal vein, crisp fried the prawn to curl into pretty ball shape, coated with wasabi mayo sauce and garnished with fish roes. I personally prefer prawn with intestinal vein removed as it's much more comforting to know that I'm not eating the prawn's waste and it could also be affecting the overall taste. The usage of wasabi in this dish was minimal, just enough to stimulate the nasal passage and clear its way for prawn and mayo flavor. One of my favorites for that night.
Hot Plate Tofu with Preserved ‘Cai Xin’and Minced Pork 菜香铁板豆腐 (RM18.90 small)
What's not to like for this smooth bean curd served in sizzling hot plate with a layer of egg at the bottom and topped with generous amount of 'cai xin', minced pork and mushroom? We were told that this is one of parents' favorites in feeding their kids with another add-on rice.
Individual Mini Wok Set Meal
Supreme Seafood Fried Rice 海鲜皇鸳鸯炒饭 (RM20.90)

Brilliant solution made specially for single patron or companions that would like to have their own set of dishes from RM19.90++. There are also other varieties of individual set meal such as Hot Steaming Basket, Chargrilled and Hot Stone Bowl where each set comes with a traditional double-boiled soup of the day, a platter of fresh vegetables and side dishes of the day. (with compliments homemade Thai Chili Sauce)
Chilled Lemongrass Jelly with Lemonade (Chilled) 酸甘香茅冻 (冷)(RM6.90)
Rice Dumplings (2pcs) in Red Bean Paste (Warm) 红豆沙汤圆 (温)(RM6.90)
Black sesame rice dumplings (tong yun) served warm in red bean paste of sago, accompanied with lovely scent of dried citrus peel.
  • Stewed Pork Belly served with Lotus Bun
2013-09-22 87 views
Paradise Inn is located at Lower Ground of Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, where previously is Xian Ding Wei Restaurant. They serve some of the best classics along with double boiled soups and fusion dishes. As a teahouse, they serve some of the best teas infused with fruits, herbs and flowers and for dessert lovers, there are traditional hot and cold desserts to satisfy sweet tooth. I have ordered Stir-Fried Sweet & Sour Rice set. The set come with a double-boiled soups where each brewed for at least 8 hours each that are of high nourishing values deriving from superior and authentic ingredients. The meat is very crispy and tender. Overall, the rice set is really good, just that a bit expensive.
RM20 (Lunch)
  • Stir-Fried Sweet & Sour Rice
2013-09-22 14 views
Paradise Inn is located at Lower Ground of Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, where previously is Xian Ding Wei Restaurant. It takes traditional concept and bring it to a new level of sophistication with a contemporary Oriental ambience. It is a restaurant, where combine teahouse and dessert house concept. It is certainly a great place to discuss business or celebrate occasions with close friends and family. I have ordered Supreme Seafood Fried Rice. The sets come with a double-boiled soups where each brewed for at least 8 hours each that are of high nourishing values deriving from superior and authentic ingredients. The fried rice is really nice and enough "wok hei".
RM21 (Lunch)
  • Supreme Seafood Fried Rice
2013-09-22 28 views
Paradise Inn is located at Lower Ground of Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, where previously is Xian Ding Wei Restaurant. They serve some of the best classics along with double boiled soups and fusion dishes. As a teahouse, they serve some of the best teas infused with fruits, herbs and flowers and for dessert lovers, there are traditional hot and cold desserts to satisfy sweet tooth. I have ordered Stim Pork Ribs with Black Beans Rice set. The sets come with a double-boiled soups where each brewed for at least 8 hours each that are of high nourishing values deriving from superior and authentic ingredients. The ribs is steamed until the texture is soft and tender. Overall, this rice set is really delicious.
RM20 (Lunch)
  • Stim Pork Ribs with Black Beans
2013-09-22 12 views
Paradise Inn is located at Lower Ground of Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, where previously is Xian Ding Wei Restaurant. It takes traditional concept and bring it to a new level of sophistication with a contemporary Oriental ambience. It is a restaurant, where combine teahouse and dessert house concept. I have ordered Fermenter Pork Ribs Rice Set. The set come with a double-boiled soups where each brewed for at least 8 hours each that are of high nourishing values deriving from superior and authentic ingredients. The ribs is well marinated and cooked where the texture is juicy and tender. Thumb up for this dish.
RM24 (Lunch)
  • Fermenter Pork Ribs
2013-08-14 56 views
Naturally, dishes would go with white rice but I tried the noodles as well. The menu was interesting, there is something for everyone. There are assorted noodles to pick but I feel like having the Home made style Fried Vermicelli so I ordered that. And to be real honest, I thought it was a little over priced. A simple plate for fried vermicelli for RM 19.90 and there weren’t much expensive ingredients at all. However, it was tasty nonetheless so I guess there is not much to complain.Also, this p
Also, this place is a good news for those who like soup a lot. There is a great variety of soup and for those simple dinners the Traditional Double Boiled Soup of the Day which happens to be watercress soup most of the time, is great for one person.
As for the dinning ambience, I find this place really calm and peaceful to dine in. The staffs were pretty efficient and do a great job keeping all the customers happy.
As for the beverages, there are some fruit juices as well as my usual, tea. There is also an assorted variation of tea to choose and I went with the Tie Kuan Yin which sells at RM 6. I would prefer this to be served with smaller cups for instead of these.
2013-08-14 34 views
Paradise inn is located inside Sunway Pyramid and it is exactly where it used to be Xian Ding Wei. I am not quite a big fan of Chinese restaurants inside a mall but I gave it a try anyway. They are probably somewhere similar to the Dragon-i where there are Chinese dishes covering an array of dishes made from common ingredients like poultries, vegetables, or seafood and tofu. And like most Chinese restaurant where steam peanuts are often served as appetizers, this one is no exceptional.The table
The table and settings were neat and clean, the two ultimate factors to please the dinners.
Starting the meal with the Crisp- fried Crystal Prawns in Fruity Salad Sauce, expect slight tangy sweet from the fruits and a refreshing sensation with mild natural flavour of the prawn which happens to be pretty fresh when I had this. Served sprinkled with Ebiko, the colour and presentation of the entire dish was enhanced and pleasantly appetizing.
Next is this unique dish of pork called the Coffee Pork Ribs. The texture of the rib was great too. It was soft and tender. The aroma of coffee was amazing but the flavour of coffee doesn’t roam around too long in your mouth. When smelling it was great, but when tasting it was slightly over rated. Tasted rather similar to marmite flavour except at the beginning where this has some bitter sweet taste of coffee.
Next is the Sweet chicken with honey ginger for those who don’t quite like pork. Now this is definitely a good choice because the sweetness is simply a coating of honey on the outside of each chicken bites but immediately right after the thick honey coating before the succulent chicken meat is the crispy layer of deep fried chicken skin. With the right temperature of oil when deep frying these chickens, the skin is awesomely astounding. Too bad they make the wrong choice serving all ankle part of the chicken wing, which barely has any meat and mostly chicken fats.
As for the vegetable lovers, they have assorted variations of seasonal vegetables and almost all the ways to cook it. Poaching, steaming, stir fried, boiling and many more. Just name it and they have it. I tried the Chinese Spinach with Egg and Minced Pork in Superior Stock and was rather disappointed when a few bites were full with fine soils. It was a disgusting mistake to not wash the vegetables thoroughly. And that happened to be the first few bites so my palate has completely been turned off pretty instantly.
For the lighter bites, there is the Teochew style crisp fried prawn roll which is delicious because the outer layer was deliciously crispy where else the inside is filled with freshly sweet prawns and minced pork. This goes really well with the dipping sauce and is great for sharing.
2013-06-28 12 views
Seafood with Spicy Homemade Sauce is a dish which is cater for seafood lovers. The seafood delights like the fresh crunchy prawns and other seafood are being cooked together with the spicy sauce on top. The delights served together prawns and squid with soft eggplant slices and onions. It is being served hot nder the grill stove which is simply superb.Price: RM23.90++
Price: RM23.90++
Taste
Another superb dish is the Steamed Minced Pork Patty with Salted Fish. The texture is bouncy and then it is well seasoned. The dish is well enhanced with the hint of flavours from the salted fish itself and bedded with hot steaming rice in supreme sauce. It is one of the hit item to be ordered at Paradise Inn and the dish is amazingly good. With the portion provided it is making me so fullPrice: RM 19.90++

Price: RM 19.90++
Taste
I am going for the Paradise Inn, one of the famous restaurant in Singapore had landed their feet here. Stir-Fried Udon with Black Pepper Sauce and Seafood is one of the signature that we had tried. Slurpy fat noodles with the black pepepr sauce are indeed something not to be missed. The noodles are a nice choice to try off with an egg yolk on the middle make the noodle extra savory and delicious.Price: RM 22.90
Price: RM 22.90
2013-06-27 13 views
Sunway Pyramid is some of the malls I am usually get lost as I could not figure which autrium to go. This time, I am going for the Paradise Inn, one of the famous restaurant in Singapore had landed their feet here. Renowned for its concept of integrating the best of a restaurant, teahouse and dessert house all under one roof, Paradise Inn is indeed a great place to visit. As most of us aware, Paradise Inn is famous with their traditional Double-boiled soup and sumptuous arrays of Chinese dishes.
The Supreme Fried Rice is also one of my favorite. Golden fried rice which is added with the tiny flying fish roe is simply superb. The golden rice is well fried and filled with fragrance of the rice is simply good and lovely. The rice is just perfect and each mouthful of the fried rice is sinfully delicious. It is added with the deep fried chicken wings together in the set where the chicken wings is delicious with the juicy meat and crispy skin.
Price: RM 20.90++