2016-03-22 411 views
And my frequent visitation to this restaurant continues.... It is still the cheapest, big portion and yummiest Japanese food I ever dine in. So far I still couldnt find any other place that serve big portion yet reasonable price Japanese food. Hence, this still remain the best Japanese restaurant I ever been to. This time, I ordered their mushroom udon. In the beginning, I thought it will be mainly serving mushroom and udon. It was surprisingly more than that, as it is served with various types

This time, I ordered their mushroom udon. In the beginning, I thought it will be mainly serving mushroom and udon. It was surprisingly more than that, as it is served with various types of mushroom, a lot of breast meat, dried fried onion, large portion of udon and extremely thick soup that have that mushroom taste. It tasted so good I will come for this next time.
Tempura served with udon if you are not thinking of having rice for the day. It sounds nice right. I have tried both and I still prefer tempura served with rice as it might be because of the sauce that they serve. That tempura served with udon tasted quite simple.
RM13
If you are wondering whether it's true. Yes and I am not joking. They really serve piquant Japanese food at a very reasonable price, not to mention the serving is large! I visited here quite a few times. My favourite will be Tori katsu don and tempura! Ramen taste not bad too! However, I find their Soba decent.
Chicken Katsu Don
RM 13
  • Katsu don
  • Tempura
2015-04-06 68 views
My friend who was a hotel chef of many years, kept telling me how great this place is, ever since last Thursday. He said that he wanted to eat Japanese food, he would definitely come here if possible. The prices are also very reasonable, where in a salmon sushi with rice, cost only RM 3 for 2 pieces. He wanted to order the salmon sashimi  but I ordered the mixed sashimi which surprisingly, cost only RM 38! I thought it costs RM 55 as seen in the menu but anyway,  who doesn't like a cheaper price

He wanted to order the salmon sashimi  but I ordered the mixed sashimi which surprisingly, cost only RM 38! I thought it costs RM 55 as seen in the menu but anyway,  who doesn't like a cheaper price? The salmon, maguro, white tuna, octopus, scallop are incredibly fresh, thick and super delicious. I liked the fact that the octopus is thinly sliced and made it easier and less chewy to eat octopus sashimi which is usually difficult to eat. I like every single sashimi they have and finished everything. All the fish sashimi were too delicious.

My friend also said the ramen (RM 8) here is fantastic, so we ordered the egg ramen at RM 8. There was just a seaweed, ramen, half a hard-boiled egg, fishcake etc. The ramen soup does not contain MSG at all. In fact, all the food here does not have MSG which was a welcome relief for me. I usually abstain from drinking the soup as I always suspect that there is MSG inside. This is the first time I actually finished most of the soup. The prices of food here is surprisingly very affordable and reasonable. I could not believe it when the prices increased.

The Soft Shell Crab sushi (RM 12) came after all that. It was just normal as I am not a fan of fried food in between the main dish and desserts.
RM12
RM 8
  • eyes
  • sashimi rom
2013-05-10 48 views
Tempura, Sushi & Udon set. It has 2 pieces of sushi, 2 pieces of sashimi, assorted tempura and a bowl of udon soup. The sashimi was thickly cut and fresh. The sushi tasted sweet. The assorted tempura was not so crispy. It has prawns, brinjals and pumpkin. The ingredients were fresh though and the prawns were succulent. The udon was springy and the soup was clear, not overly salty.
2013-02-28 43 views
Are you looking for value for money Japanese food? Unlike most Japanese restaurant while offers lots of variety from raw to fully dishes, Omitsu Koshi menu is not really extensive and it’s value for money due to its big portion.I ordered Saba Bento which cost only RM24 a set. This large bento comes with the big saba fish, cold tofu as well as 2 pieces of gyoza. It comes together with large portion of rice (good news for all BIG rice eater out there!), chawan mushi, soup and some side dishes.I re

I regretted having this meal during dinner instead of lunch as it leaves me feeling sooo full! But I will love to come again for another value for money bento sets.
RM24
2013-02-28 19 views
I’m ordering some Tempura rice bowl set this time. It consist of a Japanese tempura rice bowl with some prawn and vegetable tempura fully cooked till perfection on top of the rice. The prawn is medium in size and although it is fried, it is not too oily and it retained its juiciness as well which really deserves a thumbs up! I really enjoyed the tempura very much as it is not very oily and of course the portion is simply big as usual!
RM12
2013-02-28 17 views
I’m coming back to Omitsu Koshi again! This time I’m having Katsu Don and some garlic rice! Katsu Don is my favourite dishes every time I’m having some rice craving (which usually I’m don’t). At Omitsu Koshi, you may choose to either chicken, pork or beef. I usually go for chicken as the meat is much more tender and juicy compare to pork which most of the time tends to be dry and hard. I really love the katsu don here as the sauce really penetrates into the meat and making it very delicious! The egg is another plus!
RM15 (Dinner)
Japanese Restaurant usually priced at not very cheap price like local food. If you craving for something aunthentic japanese food with a bugdet price. This is the place we are looking for.It may not have the best enviroment, renovation but it serves truly delicate japanese food at an affordable price.Tried out this Japanese curry chicken katsu rice. Its so nice, the chicken is hot and crispy and pour with the aromatic Japanese curry just taste perfect. Omitsu Koshi cooks like a homecook japanese

Tried out this Japanese curry chicken katsu rice. Its so nice, the chicken is hot and crispy and pour with the aromatic Japanese curry just taste perfect. Omitsu Koshi cooks like a homecook japanese food.
2012-09-09 10 views
The set came with watermelon slices, chawanmushi, beansprout, pickles, miso soup and a bowl of rice. The chawanmushi was smooth, consisted of mushroom, chicken slice and naruto. It was slightly salty. The buta shougayaki (ginger pork) slices were slightly dry, a bit tough. The taste of ginger was there but the meat texture just does not do the flavour justice. The flavouring was good, fragrant, slight salty strong hint of ginger.
2012-06-07 15 views
Decent Japanese food? Head on over to Damansara Jaya to this little establishment called Omitsu Koshi. The restaurant is located around the Public Bank area. The sitting places are limited and the menu is not really a nice one comparing many places. It is also can be said as value for money and the portion is simply big.Saba Bento - The bentos set which is simply a large variety and eat till the fullest. The bento comes with saba fish as well as 2 pieces of ghoza and cold taufu. A large portion
Saba Bento - The bentos set which is simply a large variety and eat till the fullest. The bento comes with saba fish as well as 2 pieces of ghoza and cold taufu. A large portion and rice and served together with a chawan mushi, a soup, and many more. As for food taste, there is not much to be recommended except it is worth of money. The taste is however just normal and nothing special on it.
Taste: 2/5
Price: RM24.00