2016-03-09 70 views
the plain porridge here is totally not taste at all, but some more expensive.nothing special but full of customer like having their breakfast there.here totally so much of customer having breakfast and you will saw it not staff run here run there putting toward the dinsum infront of you.here is order then the dinsum will come,not like outside many staff will giving the dinsum and show you whether you wan or not.the concept is totally different . i totally not mood having dinsum at there alre
the plain porridge here is totally not taste at all,

i totally not mood having dinsum at there already .
2016-02-22
RM4.90 (Breakfast)
2013-05-24 40 views
每次吃点心都会点一些标准的点心,所谓标准的点心就有虾饺,烧卖,叉烧包等等。可是这边的标准的点心好像只是还好而已,虾饺的皮我觉得有点厚了点,叉烧包的叉烧也是太咸了点,有点失望。
2013-04-28 31 views
The mixed seafood dumpling was part of the steamed dim sum. The steamed seafood dumpling was as good as other dumplings. Though I could hardly tell exactly what type of mixed seafood was in the dumpling. The mixed seafood filling was definitely fresh and sweet. There were three pieces in a portion. Love the transparent, not too thick skin. There were juices retained in the skin. Recommended to order this.
Recommended to order this.
2013-04-28 14 views
This dish is similar to the deep fried prawn in beancurd skin, the only difference was the crust. This dish here was not using the beancurd skin, instead the crust was made from flour. Therefore, the crust is thicker and more firm. The filling is the prawns. Also served with a portion of mayonnaise. I think I prefer this dish over the deep fried prawn in beancurd skin. Again, it was already cold when we ate it.

2013-04-28 19 views
The fish balls we ordered were not from the steamed dim sum session. It was placed on a tray full of other dim sums. The fish balls have a slightly deep fried skin. The fish balls were definitely fresh and have no unpleasant fishy smell at all. In fact, I can taste the sweetness of the fish paste. The fish balls were also springy. There were some sauce around the fish balls.

2013-04-28 11 views
Another steamed dim sum we ordered is this steamed scallop dumpling. The scallop dumpling was surprisingly good. There were three pieces in a portion and all three of them have very meaty piece of scallop in it. Other than scallop, there were the minced pork and some bits of carrots. Love the transparent skin which was not too thick. The scallop tasted fresh and sweet.

2013-04-28 23 views
Other than ordering the char siew pao, we also ordered the custard pao. The custard pao has a slight yellowish skin. The custard pao was served warm, and the best part is always the first bite. The custard from the pao will start squeezing its way out. The custard was delicious, slightly sweet and salty. The custard was smooth and felt like golden sand. Just need to be cautious when having the first bite because the custard inside is really hot.

2013-04-28 26 views
One of the deep fried dim sum we ordered was the yam pastry. The yam pastry was a bit cold to my liking; probably it was not freshly fried and has been on the tray for some time. The waiter cut the yam pastry into smaller pieces for us to share. The yam pastry has a very crunchy, bird nest looking skin. The yam and pork filling was just nice. I would think that the yam pastry would taste better if it was served hot.
2013-04-28 18 views
The steamed spare ribs were also a delicious dim sum we like to order. Though, I would think that the portion look quite small. There were only about three pieces of the spare ribs in a portion. However, taste wise the spare ribs were delicious. The spare ribs were juicy and flavorful. The spare ribs were also tender and some parts of the ribs have the soft bones.

2013-04-28 13 views
I love the siew mai from Jin Xuan, they were big, filling, and delicious. Three siew mai in a portion. It is a steamed dim sum. The siew mai filling was very tasty. I presume it’s a mixture of minced pork and shrimps . Love the taste of it because it doesn’t have the “smelly pork” taste. The siew mai was firm and the skin was not thick. Great to dip with some chili and sweet sauce.

2013-04-28 23 views
One of the must order items during dim sum time is char siew pao. There are two char siew pau in a portion. I love the roast pork filling inside the bun, which tasted absolutely divine. The roast pork was non fatty, and it was very tasty and flavorful. The pork filling was quite a lot. The bun itself was small, so a few mouthfuls will finish the whole bun. The bun was also not too thick.

2013-04-28 19 views
The chee cheong fun you get from dim sum shop is known as the Hong Kong style chee cheoung fun. I ordered this steamed prawn chee cheong fun. The steamed chee cheong fun has the shrimps in it, but I think they cut the shrimp into small pieces. I used to have generous big piece of prawns in the chee cheong fun, but not anymore. Taste wise, I like the soy sauce and sesame sauce that drizzle on it. The sauce has a hint of sweetness. The chee cheong fun was too thick for my liking. However, I do like the Hong Kong style sambal that comes with it.
2013-04-28 6 views
Another steamed dim sum was this crystal shrimp dumpling. I was having high expectations for this but it eventually let me down. The main reason is because I find that the dumpling skin was too thick. I feel that the thickness of the skin had jeopardized the overall taste. Though the filling inside was good with fresh shrimps, I felt the dumpling was a bit dry. Three pieces in a steam basket.

2013-04-28 11 views
From the tray selection, we also picked the fried prawn in beancurd skin. The fried prawn in beancurd skin was served with a small portion of mayonnaise. The prawns were wrapped in beancurd skin and deep fried to golden brown and crunchy. It was already become a cold dish since it has been on the tray for some time. Since it was cold, the beancurd skin tasted hard. The prawns were fresh but not very meaty.

2012-12-31 17 views
Dim Sum shops are usually famous for its primary signature dish- Siew Mai. The restaurant needs to serve this right, in order to impress the diners easily. Here at Jin Xuan, they serve siew mai that is up to par.It is essentially wan tan skin stuffed with minced pork and prawns then topped with ebikko (fish roe). The filling is juicy, sweet, savoury- simply delicous. Prawns were really fresh and succulent. It was served piping hot to us as well, so we had to let it cool a bit Another brownie po

Another brownie point given to them. I dislike cold siew mai as the fillings tend to lack moisture already.