2016-04-19 299 views
Vegan spinach tagliatelle& Roasted Banana Bacon French Toast with Passion Wild Honey for our Saturday lunch treat.The french toast was unique as the sauce consisted of wild honey and passionfruit. So you get abit of the crunch from the passionfruit and sweetness from the honey to drizzle over the french toast and they are using Rye Bread for the toast. Great for those who are health conscious. We also had the Wild Honey latte for our post lunch drink. It was a pretty good combination as the hone

We also had the Wild Honey latte for our post lunch drink.
It was a pretty good combination as the honey does not overpower the coffee and it tasted pretty balance.

Overall, it can be quite an expensive lunch affair for those who are watching their wallet.
2016-04-16
RM70
2015-09-09 208 views
It is becoming increasingly clear that BreadFruits is one of my top five places to go to for a meal. Doesn't matter if it is for breakfast, lunch or dinner, they will always satisfy my hunger.So for lunch, that was where I head and lucky for me, their breakfast & sandwiches menu was still available. Something that I have had my eye on the past few times that I have visited in the evening - but they told me that this part of the menu ends after 2pm. If I remember correctly.I heard good things abo

I heard good things about the Salmon & Avocado sandwich and was about to order that, until I saw another that caught my attention more. Plus it was labelled as a Bruschetta which appeals more to my appetite that day.

So I got the Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Cheese sandwich on top of Ciabatta bread. Only when it arrived, it wasn't as small as I thought. Plus they were very generous with the cheese so my entire bread was covered in melted what I assumed to be mozarella cheese.
Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Cheese Sandwich
RM19.8
They also top the sandwich with a handful of rocket leaves which I really like as it gives a nice added flavour.
Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Cheese Sandwich
RM 19.8
2015-08-25 134 views
The first time I tried BreadFruits was quite a spur of the moment and was admittedly shocked by what I got. Considering that the price was rather affordable and portions were large, it was definitely a pleasant surprise to find that my meal left me incredibly satisfied. Which is rather rare these days as restaurants are popping up like daisies.So when my friends and I got together over the weeked, we decided to have another meal at at Breadfruits, Sri Hartamas, because I was very happy with my f

So when my friends and I got together over the weeked, we decided to have another meal at at Breadfruits, Sri Hartamas, because I was very happy with my first dining experience. Plus I was definitely looking forward to try the rest of their extensive dinner menu - which I learned was a new addition to the place.

As always, the first thing that you are hit with when you enter the restaurant is the strong scent of freshly squeezed juice. Slightly green and citrusy but soothing in a sense. The staff readily greet you and thankfully for my second visit, the service was as good as the first. None of the servers looked like they would rather be anywhere else but at work nor were they slow.

We wasted little to no time in ordering three different entree and tried a little of each other's food. Once again I was pleased by what we got.
Chermoula Cajun Chicken with Guacamole
RM28.8
First is the Chermoula Cajun Chicken with Guacamole. Anything with chicken breast and avocado is a definite plus. The portion was acceptable for the price tag of Rm24.80, presentation was amazing as they served the poultry on the wooden chopping block which gave it a rustic feel.

However I was disappointed as the chicken was underseasoned although incredibly fragrant from the marinating and also the pesto. The guacamole lacked any form of citrus or salt which just made it difficult to swallow regardless of how much I love avocadoes.

Perhaps it was a bad day for the kitchen. I am willing to give them a benefit of a doubt that their food can be this bland.
Risotto with Prawns and Sundried Tomatoes
RM24.8
My order was the Risotto with Prawns and Sundried Tomatoes. I have been on a lookout for a good risotto and unfortunately, have been quite disappointed by the few that I have ordered. The rice is usually too mushy or they use too much cream making the dish far too cloying. But Breadfruits got it right.

They used prawn stock to cook the rice so every mouthful is flavoursome and also perfectly al dente. They were not stingy with the seafood either which made the dish worthwhile for the price of Rm24.80.

This was the highlight of the night in my opinion.
Grilled Rosemary Chicken Caesar Salad
RM21.8
Another friend of mine ordered the Grilled Rosemary Chicken Caesar Salad priced at Rm21.80. Although my appetite will never permit me to order a salad, I have to say that this surprised me more than the first dish.

They were not stingy with the lettuce or tomatoes. The chicken was flavourful with the marinate that it has been sitting in and grilled to perfection, still juicy despite being incredibly lean. Although I am not sure if the dressing was homemade or jarred - I still think that it is very very yummy.

All in all, BreadFruits is a nice place to go to for a casual dinner because the interior is nothing fanciful or anything luxurious. But the food is definitely the highlight and the fact that it won't burn a hole in your wallet is also great.

Will definitely be back again!
Other Info. : Try their fruit juice! Although a little pricey for certain fruits, it's very good and not diluted at all like you would get in some restaurants.
2015-08-22
  • Aglio Olio Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes & Prosciutto
  • Sandwiches!
  • Breakfast menu
2013-09-17 247 views
A labor of love, BreadFruits is one of our best bets for brunch in Hartamas.Fried egg & pork bacon sound like components of a sinful plate, but combined on ciabatta with arugula on top & guacamole at the bottom (RM16.80+), this tastes like well-balanced nutrition.Even the 'brunch pasta' (RM16.80+) defies expectations, whipped up in a light but luscious carbonara sauce with pork bacon, sauteed mushrooms, rocket leaves ...BreadFruits indeed: French Toast (RM18+) gets a twist too, with ripe roasted
A labor of love, BreadFruits is one of our best bets for brunch in Hartamas.
BreadFruits indeed: French Toast (RM18+) gets a twist too, with ripe roasted bananas, bacon ..
Try the wild honey blended with Indian pomegranate & passion fruit (RM15) for fine refreshment.
Or have the honey mixed with coffee & steamed milk for a unique latte (RM6.80+).