2012-10-24 192 views
Aunt Ann's signature dish would be her homemade roast pork. Imagine a slab of porcine dressed up in herbs and spices and left in the oven for a couple of hours. The skin of the pork baked to golden brownish and cracks when you sink your teeth into it. The crispiness of the skin alone is better than any cracker I have ever tasted. The marbling of the pork melts in your mouth while the meat taste slightly salty just like your ordinary siew yoke, though this is not your ordinary chinese siew yoke, this is a fusion of western and chinese cooking.
2012-05-28 56 views
People usually associate turkeys with Christmas or thanksgiving but we were told that Aunt Ann does roast turkey all year round if there is an order for it. We placed an order for the big bird for mothers day celebration. The thing I liked about Aunt Ann's roast turkey is the stuffing used by the chef. We tasted a variety of nuts and spices and by request, there was a tinge of red wine marinated in the meat. A 6kg bird is more than enough for a large family with lots to go around and fill up lots of tummies.
2012-05-11 95 views
While Aunt Ann prides herself more on her pork, she also sells roast lamb. I would say, it is right for her to focus more on her pork. The lamb is indeed flavourful and cooked well, but when it gets cold, it toughens up. Not very good for people with tooth problems like me, but excellent for those who prefer a little bite and in their lamb.Personally I prefer lamb that offers less resistance to my teeth. However, I do think that the leanness of the meat would make for really good kebabs and sand

Personally I prefer lamb that offers less resistance to my teeth. However, I do think that the leanness of the meat would make for really good kebabs and sandwiches, especially if eaten with potatoes.
2012-05-11 29 views
Though not my absolute favourite roast pork (siew yoke), Aunt Ann's in one of the better ones I've tried.Using only pork shoulder, it's generally chunkier, with hidden pockets of fat here and there. Most importantly, the point never to miss in good siew yoke, is the crispy crackly skin. I must say in terms of skin, Aunt Ann's has the best among all I've tried - thick and very crispy, and bursting in pork fat. I can't say it's the healthiest thing to have, but I would pick at the skin when nobody

Using only pork shoulder, it's generally chunkier, with hidden pockets of fat here and there. Most importantly, the point never to miss in good siew yoke, is the crispy crackly skin. I must say in terms of skin, Aunt Ann's has the best among all I've tried - thick and very crispy, and bursting in pork fat. I can't say it's the healthiest thing to have, but I would pick at the skin when nobody is looking. Irresistable!
2012-01-31 69 views
I was browsing through blogs when I noticed that there were several good reviews on this. I was mesmerized by the pictures of golden crisp pork skin and the tenderness of the roast pork. I ordered a slab of the roast pork through online and waited patiently for 2 days before collecting it.True to what was shown in the picture, the skin was very crispy and the fat melted in your mouth when you bite into the piece of roast pork. You could hear the crunchiness of the pork skin when you cut into it.

True to what was shown in the picture, the skin was very crispy and the fat melted in your mouth when you bite into the piece of roast pork. You could hear the crunchiness of the pork skin when you cut into it. The pork shoulder is roasted evenly from outside right to the deepest core so that it is only well done.

2012-01-06 89 views
Of all the roast pork that I have tried, they are either too oily, fatty, or too salty or all of the above.Perhaps that is why Aunt Ann came up with this idea of preparing her own homemade roast pork. Using only the pork shoulder cut, it guarantees the consistency of the quality of roast pork.Look at the lean cut of the roast pork shoulder, it might not be as tasty as you would perceive but it did fare well. It was moistened, has well balanced taste, and on top of all, crispy pork skin!Besides t

Besides that, Aunt Ann does sell her homemade roast lamb leg too!
It was lean, which I believe that is the whole idea of homemade food.

I am not a big fan of lamb as it usually has the gamey taste which I find it annoying. However, there was not even a slight hint of gaminess of which I believe it was well countered by the spices that she used. It paired very well with her homemade sauce too!

RM40