1. Nadeje Cake Shop @ 3 Two Square, P.J. Original Crêpe CakeFirst popularized in Malacca, they have finally made their mark in the Klang Valley! Their homemade, vanilla-flavored Original crêpe cake has been a bestseller for years. It’s tender and smells sweet with its heavenly vanilla scent. The vanilla pastry cream is smooth, yet not greasy. What a perfectly executed dessert!
2. Food Foundry @ Section 17, P.J. Salted Caramel & Almond Crêpe CakeCrunchy, sweet, slightly salty, moist, soft, velvety. This work of art has salted-caramel almond pralines on top, which work like an appetizer, slowly unveiling you to the vanilla-pastry-cream-filled crêpe layers below. The flavors are simply match made in heaven. Despite the nuances in texture, the cake still feels as though it’s melting in your mouth… It’s really that tender.
3. Arthur’s Hokkaido Mille Crêpe Cake @ The Pavilion Tiramisu Crêpe CakeThis tastes exactly like the famed Italian dessert. Between the soft, spongy crêpe layers are vanilla and coffee pastry creams. Dusted generously on top is bitter cocoa powder, which helps to cut the richness and gives it an elegant finish. Definitely a pick-me-up!
4. Eight Ounce Coffee @ The GardensChoco Cranberry Crêpe Cake This masterpiece stands magnificently and is sturdy enough to slice like an ice-cream cake. Atop the layers of chocolate crêpes and chocolate pastry cream is luscious, sweet and sour, ruby-red cranberry preserve, which gives the chocolaty dessert a refreshing lift. And surprisingly, the two flavors pair up well, bringing out the elegance in one another.
5. Tokyo Pastry @ Avenue KBamboo Charcoal Crêpe Cake This black beauty — thanks to the added bamboo charcoal powder — has been a bestseller at the pastry shop. For anyone interested in a good-for-you twist to the typically decadent dessert, this might be it, because bamboo charcoal is known for its health and beauty-boosting properties. On the palate it feels smooth, yet neither overly sweet nor rich and surprisingly refreshing. The nuts on top add a lovely finish. What a pleasant change from the norm. Discover more best cake restaurant Find out more top dessert restaurant
10 Best Red Velvet Cakes in KL & PJ
A good red velvet cake should be soft, dense, moist, yet fluffy in texture. Taste-wise, it should resemble a buttermilk cake and just contain a faint trace of cocoa.
Other Related Topics